Fesitval Bunga & Taman Floria 2013.
Venue: Waterfront in Precinct 2, Putrajaya (Sisiran Tasik, Presint 2)
Admission: FREE (opened to public)
Mon - Thurs from 9am to 10pm
Friday - Sunday from 9am to midnight
Floria 2013 Official Website is here.
Floria 2013 Facebook page is here.
Interactive Google map here and directions here.
GPS: 2.924820, 101.685365
How to go to Floria 2013 (click on the link):
1. By bus
Putrajaya Floria 2013 Daily Program - to be updated
Putrajaya Floria 2013 Show Venue & Map - click here.
The Grand Flower Bed as the centrepiece of the event has become an annual draw for visitors, a spectacular display of colour with flowers in full bloom. In addition to exceptional displays of the theme flower - orchid, expect to see roses, heliconia, hibiscus, bonsai, herbs and much more.
2. Showcase Gardens by various associations, organizations, schools, and commercial gardeners will afford visitors a glimpse of exhibitors’ green fingers and garden design talents.
3. Royal Garden, a resplendent tropical garden aglow in royal yellow will certainly be a sight to behold.
4. Tea Party Garden affords visitors a welcome respite in the form of a cafe in a garden setting offering various flavours of tea served with scones, cup cakes, muffins, cookies and fried bananas (pisang goreng).
5. Floral Pavilion is the ever popular air-conditioned indoor space for floral displays by international and local exhibitors that never fails to wow! visitors.
6. Petting Zoo: With adorable animals and interesting creatures, petting zoos are a hit with the kids and parents alike. Nothing draws attention like cute little animals around you. Experience the thrill of petting animals that include rabbits, snakes, birds, iguanas, hamsters and more. Get the chance to feed the animals and take memorable pictures with your favourite animal at the Petting Zoo.
7. Orchid Competition will see the best orchids on display at FLORIA 2013 vying for the prestigious award(s).
8. Garden Bazaar is a horticultural market where visitors can buy plants, garden products, outdoor furniture, play equipment, biotech products, landscaping services and more.
9. Laman Seni or 'Art Square' is an exhibition and retail space for arts and crafts inspired by nature.
10. Longest Landscaped Vertical Wall, as its name suggests will be an iconic 300m landscaped wall that may just find its way into the Malaysia Book of Records.
11. Designer Gardens, 5 local landscape architects/designers and 4 international designers will put their best design on display at the flower and garden show.
12. Activities include flower arranging contests, gardening demonstrations, cooking workshops, nature themed photography and watercolour competitions.
13. Entertainment is accorded by street entertainers, brass bands, cheer leading and fireworks displays while parents welcome a respite with the ‘kiddyland’ that keeps children occupied.
14. Food is aplenty and visitors are spoilt for choice with the variety available from food retailers and fruit sellers with souvenir shops also offering items at affordable prices.
15. Nightly Floral Parade, The 1 Malaysia International Tourism Night Floral Parade 2013 which runs simultaneously with FLORIA 2013 will feature brightly illuminated floats cruising upon Putrajaya Lake in nightly splendour.
* Information as advertised in Putrajaya Floria 2013 official website here.